CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 5, 2008


So I've noticed an increase in friends blogging as of late, and seeing as though I have a lot of time on my hands since I broke my leg, I thought I would give it a try.

First off, I would discourage anyone from breaking their leg. It is truly a horrible experience. The break itself isn't that bad, and the pain is pretty bearable for the most part- but not being about to bend my knee or ankle for a solid 6 weeks is wretched. I can't run, or do anything active for the most part, which is really depressing. Before I was injured I was training to run a 5k. I really enjoy working out. I like the way it makes me feel. As I sit here I can feel my body turning into jell-o. My leg is noticeably smaller since the muscle is wearing away. Anyone that knows me know that I am quite OCD- especially about germs- and this thing is a germ factory. I can't wash inside the cast. It is enough to drive me mad. I am going to be known as the girl with the stinky leg any day now. Another downside to having a broken leg: It gives people who would otherwise be afraid to talk to me the opportunity to. Now I know this sounds mean, but it is true. Everywhere I go I get people asking me what happened and it really gets old. I don't mind telling the story to people I know, but when complete strangers ask and want a play-by-play I really just want to club them with my plaster-leg.

Enough about the curse of the broken leg- I am not always this negative. I am really excited for the Ben Folds benefit concert on April 23. I got tickets last night and it is gonna be rockin!

0 comments: