CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 6, 2008

"Just follow your deductive reasoning skills"

So I went and saw Vantage Point with a good friend of mine tonight for her birthday. It was really good. I recommend everyone see it. After the show, we had a nice heart to heart about life, love, and why people are the way they are. As of recent, I have been trying to figure out my life, as I'm sure we all are. I am currently in the process of changing majors (I'm not sure what to yet), deciding if I want to keep my job, or should I say jobs, since I am currently working at 2 places, and of course, trying to figure out what to do about my current relationships. I feel like I am at a huge crossroad in my life and I have so many possibilities. I want to take the high road, the problem is I don't know which road that is. So I know that everyone always says "Just follow your heart," but I'm not so sure I trust my heart with these kind of decisions. Who came up with that phrase anyway? I'm pretty sure that if I let my heart do all the decision making I will end up hurting myself in the long run. I think hearts tend to go for what feels right in the moment, and it is our deductive reasoning skills that should be used for big decisions. Of course, "Just follow your deductive reasoning skills" really isn't all that catchy, now is it? Maybe this is just the pessimist in me, and I really should just follow my heart. But then again, my heart has been broken a few too many times and may not be functioning properly at this point. What's a girl to do?

0 comments: